So apparently I’ve discovered that when I am sick, I want to bake. This might have something to do with the fact that I’ve kidnapped my sister’s Kitchenaid mixer. Which I am only giving back because it was my mom’s, and Molly (my sister) would therefore kill me.
I decided to make Mini Cheesecake Bites. They turned out a little mushy, but they are good, so I don’t mind. I’ve already popped 3. Joey has eaten 5. Oh dear me, they are delicious.
(below is my adapted recipe, omitting Vanilla Wafers for Oreos)
MINI OREO CHEESECAKE BITES
– Oreo cookies, crushed
– 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1 egg
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line miniature muffin tin with miniature paper liners.
2. Crush the Oreos, and place 1/2 tsp of the crushed Oreos into each paper cup.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla and some crushed Oreos until light and fluffy. Fill each miniature muffin liner with this mixture, almost to the top.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool. Serve. Enjoy!