My darling husband cooked dinner for us twice before my entire life started to crumble and this mean guy called Diabetes entered and demanded I feel like complete poo for the rest of ever.
Fragment sentence, much?
Just so that his efforts aren’t in vain (and so he knows how much I completely appreciate him and adore him), I’m posting the pictures of his delicacies below.
Enjoy!…. I sure did.
and this is what it looked like! Yum.
PRONTO PASTA AND SAUSAGE SKILLET
1 medium onion
1 medium green bell pepper
3 links mild Italian sausage
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
3 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
3 1/2 cups water
1 26 oz jar marinara sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
2 oz cream cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 oz parmesan cheese, grated (1/4 cup)
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Dice onion and bell pepper. Remove casings from Italian sausage and cut in half lengthwise. Then cut crosswise into 1/2-in nuggets. Place sausage into 12-in skillet and cook over medium heat, 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet; cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until veggies are tender. Add pressed garlic and pepper flakes, cook 10-20 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in pasta, water, sauce and salt & pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 14-16 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in cream cheese until incorporated. Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Cover and let stand 2-3 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Garnish with chopped parsley.
This meal was followed by a fun (free!) trip to the Cardinals game.
It was gorgeous outside too, definitely not a normal day in August in St. Louis. It was almost chilly and in the 70′s.
Absolutely the most perfect evening.
Did I mention the tickets were free? :D
The next night, the hubs made Chicken Fajitas.
Seriously, look at how good these veggies look!
RUSH HOUR CHICKEN FAJITAS
2 medium green or red bell pepper, or combination
2 medium onions
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg taco seasoning (or 2 tbsp Chipotle rub)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cut bell peppers lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips, and thinly slice onions lengthwise. Slice garlic.
2. Slice chicken into 1/2 inch strips. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a 12-in skillet, 1-3 minutes until shimmering. Add chicken, cook for 4-6 minutes or until cooked through. Add 1/4 cup water, vegetables and seasoning/rub.
3. Cover, simmer 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.